Hello friends! Seth here.
I’m in Grand Junction again to wrap up my visa application process and have just returned from Los Angeles where I submitted my official application for a year-long visa to live in Spain.
I was so encouraged by the openness and friendliness of the consular officer and am hopeful that I’ll hear soon about my Spanish visa. (Please continue praying for favor from the Spanish authorities in regard to this.)
It’s strange to be “back home” in Grand Junction as Spain is feeling more and more like home to me. I’m eager to return to my new home in Spain come mid-January!
I continue to bask in the glow of the enthusiasm that exists in the Spanish church for this new coffeehouse outreach, which will become a powerful tool both for them and for us to reach students for Jesus. Please take 4 minutes to view this video, which will give you a peek into the hearts of Spaniards who have been longing and praying for something like this for a long time:
When we at the Christ Center look forward to what God is going to do in Spain, we cannot help but be reminded of what He has done for campus ministry here in Grand Junction through Four Winds Coffee and Tea.
Over the last decade God has used the Grand Junction coffee house above and beyond our wildest expectations:
- God has built a bridge between the campus and the local church, with local churches increasingly supporting local campus ministries in various ways
- We’ve served thousands of free Sunday Supper meals to college students with the help of the local church
- In partnership with the local church, we’ve hosted 11 annual “Meat the Freshmen” outreaches, connecting thousands of students to campus ministries
- We have invested $37,000 in scholarships to send about 120 students on mission trips all over the globe, changing their outlook on the world forever
- Campus ministries have increased from 3 to 10
- We have become a catalyst for unity and cooperation between the various campus ministries in the form of a monthly meeting called Common Ground
Many of these things we did not even dream of, but God did it because we showed up to build a spiritual well designed to nourish students.
Will you please help us purchase the pictured commercial property for our new coffee shop at the Málaga University in Spain?
We are hoping to raise $240,000 before the end of this month to do this.
We already have pledges and donations totaling $31,000, leaving only $209,000 to be raised.
You can give by clicking HERE,
or write a check to Christ Center, with “Málaga Outreach” on the memo line,
mailed to 1235 Bookcliff Ave, Grand Junction, Colorado 81501.